You can remove items a number of different ways using Pinta:
- Cut: Select Cut under the Edit menu to delete anything in the image that's been selected.
- Delete Key: Enter
Deleteon your keyboard to delete anything that has been selected.
- Remove a Layer: Remove a layer to delete all items on the layer.
- Eraser: Select Eraser to erase items from your layer.
Select the image containing items to be removed under the Images window.
Select part of the image to remove using one of the selection tools.
The following example uses the Rectangle Select to select part of the image:
Go to Edit and select Cut. Alternatively, press
Deleteon your keyboard.
Here's what the example image looks like after selecting Cut or
If you save items on separate layers, you'll only need to remove a layer to remove the items from that layer.
The following shows an example of how this would be done.
Select the layer in the Layers window (it'll be selected if you just added the objects to the layer).
Select Delete Layer from the Layers window.
The following shows the result of deleting layer 2 in the example above.
The eraser tool is ideal for removing a very small portion of an image or to do a touch up on a photo.
- Select Eraser from the Tools menu.
- Select the desired brush width (1-55) in the Tools Settings Bar.
- Click to erase and drag the Eraser onto the workspace to erase any part of the image, removing the item.