Release Notes 1.7.1
Released November 20th, 2021
This release brings many bug fixes and minor improvements for Pinta 1.7.
This will likely be the final GTK2-based release of Pinta, as the GTK3 / .NET 6 version is nearly ready!
Thanks to the following contributors who worked on this release: @cameronwhite, @jpobst, @darkdragon-001, @JamiKettunen, @thekolian1996, @tdgroot, @nikita-yfh, @pikachuiscool2, @yaminb, @dandv, @City-busz, @jefetienne
Thanks to everyone who contributed translations, filed bugs, made packages, and everything else!
New Features / Improvements
- The canvas can now be scrolled horizontally by holding Shift while using the mouse wheel (#141)
- The primary and secondary palette colors can now be swapped by pressing X (#147)
- Added a more user-friendly dialog when attempting to open an unsupported file format (#143, #1856821)
- Zooming in and out can now be done without pressing the Ctrl key (#150).
- Arrow keys can be used to move by a single pixel in the Move Selected Pixels and Move Selection tools (#1906141).
- Shift can now be used to constrain to a uniform scale when scaling using the Move Selected Pixels tool (#138).
- The About dialog now allows easily copying the version information to the clipboard for use when reporting bugs (#1924249).
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when switching between tools that share the same shortcut, such as the selection tools (#144, #1558767)
- Improved error messages when the user does not have read or write permissions for a file (#1715150).
- The appdata file is now installed to
/usr/share/metainfo instead of the legacy path
- Tooltips for tabs now show the full file path instead of only the file name (#187).
- Fixed a bug where Auto Crop could incorrectly remove an additional pixel on the bottom and right side of the image. (#1191390).
- Fixed a bug where drawing a single pixel with the Pencil tool used black instead of the palette color (#1897245).
- Fixed issues with the zoom controls when using a French locale (#1464855)
- Fixed invalid URLs in
pinta.appdata.xml (#140, #145)
- Added missing release notes to
- Fixed a regression introduced in Pinta 1.7 that could produce blurred pixels when using the Move Selected Pixels tool (#1904304).
- Fixed a bug where the Rotate / Zoom Layer dialog could leave the layer in a state where all future actions were also transformed (#1905176).
- Fixed a bug where the document might not be marked as modified after certain undo / redo actions (#1905165).
- Fixed a bug where the Move Selected Pixels tool did not handle transparent pixels correctly (#1905706).
- Fixed a bug where deselecting via a single click in the select tool could cause bugs with undoing earlier history items (#1905719).
- Fixed a bug where the initial corner of a rectangle shape could be cut off (#1922470).
- Fixed a bug where the text tool was not correctly clipped against the selection (#1910511).
- Improved handling of memory allocation failures for large images (#776346).
- Fixed a bug where the shape tools did not redraw after changes to the fill style until the cursor entered the canvas (#1937921).
- Fixed a crash when opening an invalid palette file (#146, #1890450).
5BDA 30D0 C2E9 85E5 9808 9E44 4CF8 0E80 E77C 5C35
- GPG Signature:
gpg --verify pinta-1.7.1.tar.gz.asc